Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Little Corner of the World

Not long ago I read something to the effect that when visiting a city, you should experience it like a local but in your own city you should act like a visitor.


Yesterday I was at the Charlotte Street Art Centre to celebrate a milestone birthday for a dear and inspiring friend. This is one of my favourite spaces in Fredericton; a great mix of people of all ages in a beautiful space that's alive with music, dance and visual arts. Every time I'm there I'm reminded of how many hidden gems there are in our town.

Several years ago a friend and I had tossed around the idea of putting together a book of our favourite, lesser-known spots in Fredericton. The book idea went by the wayside but this blog seems like an ideal spot to resurrect the idea and celebrate our little corner of the world.

I'm looking forward to rediscovering some favourite haunts and hopefully uncovering some new ones!


For now I am off to quench my new chai latte addiction before my mom and I take Henry for a walk in Wilmot Park.


GG

1 comment:

  1. I like this concept of visiting your own city. It's healthy sometimes to change the paradigm.

    Love that you have this space!

    ReplyDelete