- Mint Juleps - Mint, bourbon & a hint of sugar - classic, retro and potent.
- Friday night music - who knew that a local coffee shop in an office building was bringing in great singer-songwriters? Not me until recently. On Friday we saw Owen Steel and Lovestorm - both fantastic. And now I really, really want a ukelele.
- Saturday breakfast - made this strawberry-citrus salad and this sausage, fontina & bell-pepper strata for my parents and grandparents. Delish!
- Doc Watson's recording of "All About You" - I was playing a Doc Watson album while my grandfather was visiting. He seemed confused, "What are you doing playing this kind of music?" But you can't hear this song and not smile.
- Community talent shows - the latest zany adventure for Luke and me. It cannot be described. It can only be experienced. I will say this: Marysville has produced some very ardent entertainers.
- NPR - have discovered that their web-site has tons of great free music and concerts. That and Obama almost make me want to give up universal health care. Almost.
Well, I can hear that it's raining again so I'm off to watch Jimmy Stewart spar with Margaret Sullavan in The Shop Around the Corner.