Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.



Oops.


The pause between posts was not supposed to be that long. I planned to write something on Sunday night about the shiny happy people here in this photo but I got distracted by this (yay!) and this (ew!).


I have some other posts I'm mulling but for now a few thoughts...


Two months ago I started a new job. For the first time in nearly decade I was going to a brand new office, with brand new co-workers, new responsibilities and a new schedule. It was a big, much-needed change. The 10 years, I'd spent at my last job were an incredible experience that offered unique opportunities and brought amazing people into my life. But it was time for a change.


There couldn't have been a better time. During my first days on the new job spring was just beginning to hit full force. Everything was new in the world. It was the perfect time for a fresh start not only in work but in life.

So I've turned off the TV and picked up my books, I've started this blog to help open my eyes to the interesting things around me and I'm letting go of bad habits and making more time for people who inspire and energize me. Because, as my friend Lori often says, how we spend our days is, after all, how we spend our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment